Sunday 7 August 2016

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: The Royal Blue & White Khaadi Outfit

Now that summer's finally hit London in full force, I've been able to pull out all of my printed kurtas, lawn outfits and pretty summer pieces that I've been waiting to wear. Some of my outfits are a little old, since I've purchased them a year or two ago but they're all pretty wearable and perfect for summer (although that's not to say I may not have a few new purchases by the end of summer!)

This is an outfit from Pakistani label Khaadi, whose outfits I love because of the bright colours and prints, and the which I've always found wearable and comfortable. I bought this outfit last year, since I love the colour and the print design but didn't get much wear last year, so took the opportunity a few weekends ago to pull it out since it was perfect for the warm weather!

This is the outfit - a printed blue kameez with white embroidery on the neckline, which came with tapered pants with a lace cuff. I really like the print of this outfit at the hem and sleeves, which is streaked and has a pretty floral border, and like a lot of other kameezes, the back has a different print at the back which gives it a playful look.



This is me wearing the outfit, which I wore pretty simply, with flats and simple accessories. When it comes to warm weather I don't tend to wear a lot of jewellery or go crazy with my make-up, and this simple look suits me fine! The outfit itself was made from a lovely cotton material which was perfect for the summer weather, and loose enough to feel comfortable.


Here's a quick look at the back of the outfit, which was in a similar print to the front but in a lighter blue and white. I also liked the eclectic look of the floral border strip on the sleeve which matched the hem too.


This was a pretty simple, non-dressy outfit which is perfect for relaxing in on summer days. I bought this from the Khaadi store in Westfield but it was a little pricey for a casual look - I'm looking to purchase some more outfits directly from Pakistan to save a little money this year!

One of the things which has always bugged me about buying Pakistani labels is that oversea buyers such as us in the UK always seem to get charged more. I have bought Khaadi kurtas from Pakistan which have worked out about £25-28 each, yet when buying from the Khaadi stores in the UK or when buying online, the outfits can work out to as much as £50-60 and upwards, which seems a little unfair.

I can understand that we have to account for shipping or the costs of the shop, but it seems like we're expected to pay more because we're oversea - there's a perception that as we live in London (or the UK!) we can afford to spend more, which isn't always the case. I've spoken to a few people about this who feel the same way - it seems like there are other brands out there which seem to have this same idea about buyers in the UK.

Since the rise of Facebook sellers, instagram sellers and online websites which offer cheaper alternatives, I've been looking at outfits which are more affordable and wearable. I'll be doing a separate post about this soon once I've accummulated some more info - but wanted some feedback on your thoughts about this, what do you think about sellers and buying branded labels from Pakistan in the UK?

No comments:

Post a Comment