Tuesday 30 December 2014

Telenor Bridal Couture Week 2014

I followed some designs from Telenor Bridal Couture Week 2014, which took place in Lahore, Pakistan just over a fortnight ago, so thought I would post some of my favourite designers, and re-cap some of the other big names whose outfits I liked.

The collections are too big for me to re-post all of them here, so here are a few of my favourites, there's a lot of designers I recognised this year, and I loved the extravagance that some of them had. I noticed that longer hem-lines are still being showcased, although I also saw more shorter hemlines creeping in - as well as the fact that a lot of these designs were very heavy, making them perfect for bridal inspiration!

Faraz Manan - Bridal Collection

Ali Xeeshan - Mugal-e-Azam Collection

Mehdi - Bridal Collection

Umar Sayeed

Tena Durrani - Perenia Progressive Collection


Hajra Hayat - Empress Collection


Fahad Hussayn - Nautanki Rani Collection

Maria B. - La Roseraie / The Rose Garden

Mini Bindra - Rubaaiyat-e-Khayyam collection

Sahar Atif - The Sultanate Collection

You can also see more pictures of the different designers and their collections here and here.

My favourite collection was probably Maria B's Rose Garden collection, which seems light, whimsical and  very pretty. I can see a lot of influences - Great Gatsby, Renaissance and even some 90s and 80s designs, which make for a very pretty floral collection. I loved the pieces in this collection and thought it was very wearable, although a few other collection such as Umar Sayeed's colourful finale also looked beautiful, with some amazing pieces for a mehndi bridal!

What did you think of this collection? Which collection did you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment