Monday 22 December 2014

GLAMOROUS ACCESSORIES: The Double Ring from the Bees Aariya Collection

I recently had the chance to go to the wonderful Bees store a few days ago, and thought I'd check out their newest jewellery collection, a 'lifestyle collection' entitled Aariya. I thought this collection was doubly special because the pieces have been promoted by my beautiful friends at The Twindividual Diaries, who styled and did a photo shoot for this collection (and whose photo shoot currently is displayed at the store as well!)

The unique thing about this collection is that it's more carefree, light-weight and less traditional - the style is more Western and easier to combine with Asian and Western outfits. Rather than the usual heavy bling which comes with kundan jewellery and bridal sets, this is more casual and easier to wear, and more in-line with current fashion trends.

I thought I'd check this collection out (and introduce myself to some of the Bees staff!) while I was browsing, and really liked the variety that was available - most of the jewellery pieces were available in silver and gold colours with a flower-motif running through each piece.


I decided to buy one of the double-chain rings from the collection, which made a nice change from all of the giant rings that I have! This one was very easy to wear and felt very pretty on, without feeling fussy.





I wore this to work the day after I bought the ring (I like to wear my new things straightaway!) and got a lot of compliments for it, it certainly caught my colleague's eyes and my sisters and sister-in-law also loved the ring. It took me a while to get used to the chains dangling on my hand, but it felt very feminine wearing it, and added a little sparkle to my hands. I also liked the fact that I could wear the rings on different fingers, and vary the look of it.



I'll be sure to check out some more pieces from this collection, the matha-patti, for example looked gorgeous but I didn't think I would get to wear it anytime soon (unless I style it over my hijab) so I thought I would wait before I pick one.

What do you think of this collection? What piece would you choose?

2 comments:

  1. Nice ring, I think it would look nicer on me. Was thinking of popping round to yours soon...

    ReplyDelete