Sunday 3 November 2013

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: A Royal Blue Anarkali (with some tie-dye)

This is an outfit I wore a couple of weeks ago, which was more of a simple look that felt really flattering on - especially since I bought this outfit about 6 years ago from local store called Bombay Looks and it looked a lot better on then!

I hadn't worn this outfit for a few years because I almost forgot I had it, and also, back when I bought it long dresses and long kameezes weren't in fashion so it was more of a 'mature' outfit for me for a slightly more grown-up look. It's weird coming back to it and wearing it now, and feeling like it isn't long enough!

This is what I accessorised the outfit with, lots of nudey-pink and silvers, which I was quite happy with. The outfit came with a tie-dye dupatta and churidar pants, I wore the dupatta but couldn't bring myself to wear the tie-dye pants too, so I just switched them with plain blue bottoms instead.

 

And this is me with my non-tie-dye pants wearing the outfit, with fairly minimal jewellery and a plain matching head scarf - although I did add red lips for a pop of colour!


Outfit - Bombay Looks
Shoes - Kurt Geiger
Clutch - Accessorize
Bracelet - Accessorize
Ring - Accesorize (yes I have a lot of Accessorize stuff!)
Hijab slide - Dorothy Perkins

I'm glad I dug up this outfit, I was a bit sceptical about how well it would fit (I'm not as skinny as I was 6 years ago!) but it felt quite elegant on, and it meant I could jazz it up with some pretty, sparkly heels and jewellery. The dress is a bit more floatier than I'm used to (and the sleeves are slightly bell shaped which I haven't worn for a while!) but it felt nice on, and I did get compliments for it!

So here's to old outfits, you never know when you might want to them wear again!

No comments:

Post a Comment