Sunday 22 September 2013

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: Aubergine Purple Sparkles

I went to a family wedding recently, so got an opportunity to wear one of my favourite outfits, which I've had for about a year now. This is dress I wore, a long kameez outfit in a maxi dress style (which actually reminded me a lot of this Sana Abbas design from the BCW week 2013, except my outfit is older than the collection!) The outfit is a beautiful aubergine colour with lots of gold and diamante sparkly work on the front and back - here it is:



And this is how I styled it, although I kept it fairly simple because the outfit itself was quite heavy:



 

Outfit - BeeJees, East London
Bangles - Bees
Shoes - Kurt Geiger
Bracelet - Ribbon & Asher
Ring - Accessorize


This is, of course, me wearing it (apologies for some of the grainy pictures, I had to sneak around and take pictures where I could!)



Overall, I loved wearing this outfits, it's one of my favourite and I never fail to get compliments when I wear it. I'm surprised that I managed to find this outfit so locally, as I tend to prefer designs which are from Pakistan (although it helps that the shop I bought it from tends to import their clothes from Pakistan!). I'm leaning towards longer and looser things these days, to collaborate with my hijab more, and outfits like these are perfect, sparkly, modest and a lot like maxi dresses (but a bit more comfortable than wearing a maxi!)

No comments:

Post a Comment