Thursday 23 August 2012

GLAMOROUS ACCESSORIES: Green and Gold Kundan Jewelled Jhoomar

I've said before how jhoomars make ideal hijab pins, and I'm a sucker for beautifully crafted pieces of jewellery. This is a jhoomar I fell in love with which I found in one of the many jewellery shops of Green Street, which I was really pleased with (especially as I managed to haggle the price down!) and which is ideal for the weddings which are coming up over the next month.

Over the years, I've become quite a minimalist in terms of jewellery, especially as when I started wearing hijab I didn't see the point in buying jewellery like earrings or pretty, dinky necklaces which I loved but would rarely wear. And I'm a bit of a drama queen too, I like to go for statement pieces or sometimes a blingy piece to jazz up an outfit when I do wear. So I find that things like this are easy to wear without taking off the hijab, and it also gives that slight traditional touch which I love so much.

I'm sure I'll get some good wear of this over the next few weeks, I'll post pics if I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment