Saturday 9 June 2012

OUTFIT Of The Day: Red Velvet Threads & Motif Dress

Thought I'd do something a  bit more varied and show you girls what I've been wearing in terms of the less dressier outfits (although perhaps not too casual to the point of showing off my pyjamas just yet!), and what I would recommend or some personal favourites from my wardrobe

Here's something I wore today to a party that I went to with my sisters, a beautiful red chiffon and velvet long kameez with gold embroidery, accessorised with a nude silk scarf and matching heels! I absolutely love this outfit, which is from from Pakistani label Threads & Motifs, which is retailing in the shops nearby in London, as well as being available online, and the quality of this kameez really does show right down to the last stitch.



Oh, and this is me wearing it, in case you were interested!


I absolutely love the fall of the kameez (although the slits on the side right up to the hips did surprise me a bit!), and how long it was on me, at almost ankle-length - and it is definitely something I can imagine being able to keep over the years because of how flattering the shape and the colour is. I also like the addition of velvet as well, which makes it look a bit more luxurious, without it feeling too heavy or overdone.

I'm a big fan of the designs by Threads & Motifs, because of how every wearable their designs are, especially as a lot of them are long and not too fitted, which also makes them very comfortable. I've seen a lot of embroidery work on clothes, and I find the work that I have seen on this label's designs are very neatly done and look very pretty too. They're not cheap, retailing from £100 upwards in the high street, but I do think they appeal to a lot of people and the quality does show on their pieces.

8 comments:

  1. Hi, this is GORGEOUS!!! Lovely colour. Do you know what shops in London sell them?

    I love your blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I really did get lucky with this!
    I know that Phulkari in Ilford Lane sell some of their designs, and so does another shop called Imani, also on Ilford Lane. I'm not sure whether it's sold in Green Street, but you may also want to try O'Nitaa in Baker Street, in Central London. Hope you find some that you like! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! Love the colour too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I love the colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. maria junaid ali14 June 2012 at 03:01

    lovely choice of outfit, shoes and accessories. how much did your dress cost?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Including shipping, it was about £65? Not sure exactly cos I bought a few other outfits for myself and my sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salaam,

    Please tell me the name of the website where you purchased it? I boughtan outfit for my siters nikah ceremony. I can't believe you bought this for a fraction of the retail price! I paid £300 for my outfit which is very similar. You can see the upper embroidery from my Facebook photo http://www.facebook.com/neda.tariq

    Great blog by the way!

    Nida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nida, to be honest I got very lucky cos it was the last one and the lady selling them online was just selling random ones, and because I bought more than one, she gave me a slight discount.
    I got it from this site (http://www.paklinks.com/gs/bazaar-talk/) but there are lots of sellers and you have to keep an eye out! I LOVE the one you're wearing, very classy!

    ReplyDelete