Tuesday 3 April 2012

KAPRAY SHAPRAY: Sea Green & Black Velvet Sari by Masaba

I came across this lovely combination of deep black velvet, ocean-y turquoise and printed cream blouse, creating an almost boho-chic look to the sari. Created by Indian designer Masaba Gupta, this is something which caught my eye purely because it looked fresh, modern yet strikingly simple. I would describe this as a 'fusion' type design because it combines the traditional sari with beautiful, bold colours and seems to mix a traditional style with a more elegant, westernised one. Certainly it looked great on the catwalk below, fresh from the Summer/Resort 2012 collection by Masaba, and it looks just as pretty on Sonam Kapoor below. It's always great to see clothes from the catwalk worn by celebs (and the ordinary public!), so I'll be looking out for more examples of these! I'm not sure that this sari would be to everyone's taste, as it may look too random or eclectic, but for me it works :)


Images from here

No comments:

Post a Comment